LECTADE 250ML ELECTROLYTE SOLUTION
Lectade Liquid Concentrate is an oral rehydration therapy containing a balanced mixture of glucose, glycine and electrolytes for treatment of dehydration and electrolyte imbalance. Use it as a supportive treatment for scouring or dehydrated dogs, cats, calves, pigs, lambs and foals.
Lectade Liquid Concentrate is a non-antibiotic oral supportive treatment. Glucose and glycine are actively absorbed by the intestinal tract causing water and sodium to be absorbed simultaneously with these nutrients, ensuring a high degree of rehydration in scouring and dehydrated dogs and cats, calves, pigs, lambs and foals.
- For diarrhoeic, dehydrated and convalescent dogs and cats, including those suffering debilitating viral diseases such as canine parvovirus or feline panleucopaenia;
- To replace lost fluids and electrolytes in scouring or dehydrated calves, pigs, lambs and foals
- A suitable first feed for bought-in or stressed calves and pigs.
- An aid in the treatment of pregnancy toxaemia in ewes, wherein it may also be given undiluted.
Directions for Use
Lectade Liquid Concentrate is intended for oral administration after dilution with 11.5 times its own volume of water. Measure the required volume of Lectade Liquid Concentrate into the mixing vessel and make up to volume required with clean, fresh drinking water. Replace cap firmly after use.
As a guide, the following dosage regimens of prepared Lectade® solution are recommended:
- Miniature dogs, cats: 125 mL 2-3 times daily
- Small dogs: 250 mL 2-3 times daily
- Medium dogs: 500 mL 2-3 times daily
- Large dogs: 750 mL 2-3 times daily
Many dogs find Lectade palatable and will drink it voluntarily. Palatability for cats is variable. Lectade® may also be administered orally via dosing syringe. Treatment should be continued for 1-2 days after the animal appears clinically recovered and is feeding normally.
For more information click here.